Our electric locomotive E 77 10 attended the Sommerfest in DB Museum Halle (Saale). The local organisers arranged footplate rides on their grounds so that anybody interested could vividly experience the electro-mechanical technique of the early 1920ies in full operation. After returning to the shed for the night, E 77 10 was lined up among further historical electric locomotives. It is noteworthy to point out that among these engines in the picture, E 77 10 is the only one in service. However, in Halle, a very active group of railroad enthusiasts and engineers are trying to reinvigorate E 95 02. Let us wish them all the best for their project! We have been very happy to participate in this festival :-)

 

Friday, September 1st, 2017, saw E 77 10 in service on the route of "The Classical 8" at Dresden. A private charter train was to operate outbound from Hauptbahnhof via Friedrichstadt and the "Neubauspange" (connecting the Berlin- and Leipzig-bound lines) to Weißig close to Nünchritz - and inbound via Niederau and Neustadt. As the single carriage, we could use a Bghw of SEM in Chemnitz-Hilbersdorf. We cordially thank our travellers for their initiative to organise and operate this train for them!

 

In early October 2017, our E 77 10 will take part in the train gala in Leipzig-Platzwitz. The local association of EMBB as well as we are looking forward to numerous interested guests! Maybe you want to be one of them... For details, please check EMBB's webpage (sorry, in German only, so far): http://dampfbahnmuseum.de/aktuelles/startseite

Author: Dr. Christof Schröfl, IG Bw Dresden-Altstadt e.V.

Diesel locomotive 218 392 as a guest for some days

The impressive Diesel engine 218 392 was visiting Bw Dresden-Altstadt for some days from end of May until June 2017. Some light maintenance and repair works were carried out, using an examination pit in the roundhouse. After successful completion the Diesel was released to her next services in the field of track inspection.

One-day excursion to the Lausitz lignite mining district with E 77 10 on May 17th, 2017

A one-day excursion passenger train led E 77 10 to the Lausitz lignite mining district on May 17th, 2017. Starting in Coswig bei Dresden, E 77 10 hauled the four, well-crowded passenger waggons to Peitz Ost. In this industrial station the waggons were handed over to an EL2.m DC locomotive and a V100 diesel. While E 77 10 was travelling to Spreewitz on DB tracks, the excursion train started a very interesting and impressive cruise through the lignite mining district of the LEAG company. After a visit of the railroad central facility the waggons set was transferred to E 77 10 in Spreewitz. From there, the ride home to Coswig and Dresden started.

FORMERLY A PICTURE WAS PLACED HERE WHICH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO NEW LEGAL ISSUES CONCERNING HUMAN RIGHTS.

FORMERLY A PICTURE WAS PLACED HERE WHICH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO NEW LEGAL ISSUES CONCERNING HUMAN RIGHTS.

FORMERLY A PICTURE WAS PLACED HERE WHICH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO NEW LEGAL ISSUES CONCERNING HUMAN RIGHTS.

FORMERLY A PICTURE WAS PLACED HERE WHICH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO NEW LEGAL ISSUES CONCERNING HUMAN RIGHTS.

FORMERLY A PICTURE WAS PLACED HERE WHICH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO NEW LEGAL ISSUES CONCERNING HUMAN RIGHTS.

Text & Images: Dr. Christof Schröfl, Mitarbeiter Medien IG Bw Dresden-Altstadt e.V.

Guest locos in Bw Dresden-Altstadt

On Saturday, 2016-02-20, 86 1333 and 112 565 of PRESS as well as 03 2155 of WFL were in Bw Dresden-Altstadt. Locos were changed on behalf of a one-day-excursion special train operated by Lausitzer Dampflokclubs LDC from Cottbus to Altenberg. Arriving 03 2155 left the train in Dresden Hauptbahnhof and entered the depot. For the mountainious part to Altenberg the class 86 and the V100 took over. In the evening, 86 1333 came in again and was supplied for heading home to Glauchau.

FORMERLY A PICTURE WAS PLACED HERE WHICH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO NEW LEGAL ISSUES CONCERNING HUMAN RIGHTS.

20160220 b 112 565

FORMERLY A PICTURE WAS PLACED HERE WHICH IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO NEW LEGAL ISSUES CONCERNING HUMAN RIGHTS.

20160220 e 03 2155

20160220 f 03 2155

20160220 g 03 2155

20160220 k 86 1333

20160220 l 86 1333

78 009 is located in roundhouse 1 now

Since May 2015, heavy repair works at roundhouse 4 are operated by Verkehrsmuseum Dresden (VMD). Some rearrangements in the locations of the vehicles in this roundhouse have become necessary. Most importantly, VMD and our association issued a long-term contract of loan concerning the steam locomotive 78 009, a Prussian T18. This locomotive has moved into roundhouse 1 close to Nossener Brücke and is on display on behalf any museums openings of our association.

17018 12-b